Undegraduate Course Information - Fall 2016
- Get in contact with important topics of Spanish
- Develop abilities and basic skills in handling with linguistic texts and articles.
- Apply these skills dealing with certain aspects of Spanish language.
- Explore both historical and contemporary topics of Spanish linguistics.
- Assess linguistic research as a tool for the future researcher or Spanish professor.
SPA 423 – Advanced Spanish Translation
Course Description: SPA 423 is designed to build on the skills that students acquired in SPA 323, as well as to further hone communicative skills in the Spanish language. Students will produce more advanced translation tasks, focusing on specific fields of production such as legal, medical, community and literary translation. The class will also address professionalization and provide the opportunity to interact with professional interpreters currently practicing in different specialties. The class provides students with both hands-on experience and a basis for further Translations Studies if they so desire.