Skip to main content

Spanish Language Placement

For students who have not taken a Spanish course at the college level but have a background in the language, you have the opportunity to enroll in an accelerated Spanish course. Students are most often placed based on their previous coursework in a high school setting, but other factors can be considered in certain circumstances.  Contact your academic advisor or the Hispanic Studies department to find out in which course you are eligible to register.



If you are a heritage speaker of Spanish (a person who has learned a language informally by being exposed to it at home as opposed to having studied it formally in a school setting) then you should contact either Dr. Ruth Brown or Dr. Heather Campbell-Speltz in the Hispanic Studies department regarding enrollment.

Contact Brent Sebastian ( in the Hispanic Studies department to get started with placement for Spanish classes.