Professional Language Services
The demographics of the state of Kentucky are rapidly changing to reflect a significant increase in the Hispanic and Latino population. The Department of Hispanic Studies has an established program that provides professional language services to the community and to the state of Kentucky. At the same time, the program provides our students opportunities for professional development while earning an extra income. Our graduate students do all translations, design the pedagogical materials for the workshops, and serve as instructors or facilitators in bilingual settings. A faculty member in Hispanic Studies supervises their work to ensure the quality of the services rendered. Further, as a non-profit operation, the revenues are used to help sponsor graduate students attend regional and national conferences where they present academic papers.
Our language services include:
- translation of written materials
- translation and recording for broadcasting
- translation and recording of Spanish translations of video scripts as a voice-over and editing (recording, timing to original voices, cutting together, matching sound track to video) to create a finished Spanish-language video
- translation and replacement of the English in-video slides/graphics with Spanish equivalents
- translation of PowerPoint presentations
- simultaneous translation
- workshops customized to your business needs and designed to learn basic Spanish to communicate with the growing Hispanic population in this area and to expand your knowledge of Hispanic cultures
Please describe your business needs to us so that we may quote you a price. Prices vary according to several factors such as the need for specialized or technical language, the use of technologies listed above, or the urgency with which the job is needed.
Please contact: Department of Hispanic Studies
1153 Patterson Office Tower
Ph.: 859.257.1565; Fax: 859.323.9077